Tuesday 3 July 2012

MAJOR UPDATE

Ok, so Hell hasn't frozen over, nor have the Gods torn the skies asunder - BUT I have a date.  Yes, you read correctly, a DATE for the operation - 30th July THIS MONTH.

Yesterday after my ranty blog post I decided to force myself to make another phone call to my Baclofen nurse for an update.  She said due to cancellations everything had been pushed back and my surgery would most likely be in September.  Even more subdued than earlier in the day, I sent an email with the bad news to Ben.  Literally within seconds of sending the email, my phone rang.  It was the nurse calling me back.  She apologised, and said she had re-checked the diary, and that I would be having surgery 31th July.

This was followed by stunned silence.

Me:  ...What, as in, this year, July?
Her:  Yes, this July.
Me:  No way.  You're not joking are you?
Her:  No, that is the date (slight laughter in her voice).
Me:  OH MY GOD I AM GETTING THE PUMP.

After frantically phoning around every family member possible, I noticed an voicemail from the nurse saying that it was the 30th, not the 31st.  EVEN BETTER.  I then spent a large part of the afternoon wandering around the house in a state of dazed excitement.

Then Ben and I celebrated with delicious curry and TedTalks.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment