Monday 7 May 2012

The Waiting Game

Sometimes you have to take things into your own hands and make things happen. Finding the waiting times for the Baclofen pump surgery ridiculous, I rung up my surgeon's secretary and tried to get an ETA on waiting times - they were not good. I could be married by that point and still not have it (oh yeah, by the way, I got engaged, woo!). So I asked if I changed hospitals, would the waiting time be shorter, and BINGO! They gave a rough waiting time of 8 to 12 weeks - GOOD GOD. If I had known that I would have changed waaaay sooner.

So I am now on the waiting list at the new hospital, and in two days time I meet with my new surgeon so I can get to know who he is. This is awesome news, but I am going to remain cautiously optimistic as with hospitals things can change very quickly. But still, YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment