Monday 7 May 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Part II

The Ugly (cont.): I can only assume the pain blinded me to all sensible decisions, as even after that I STILL decided to travel back on the train. Instead of, you know, the sensible choice of going to the nearest A&E. One bumpy taxi ride later, we are nearing home (my street at the time was full of speed bumps), when I finally decide we better head to A&E. The taxi driver was awesome, and did his best to drive has carefully as possible.

Once at A&E, it was a loooong wait (without pain killers) before I got seen, with Ben having to explain the procedure I had had earlier. Over and over again. Finally I was admitted, and by this point the spinal headaches had kicked in, which as anyone who has had needles in the spinal area will know, are the WORST. HEADACHES. EVER.

And so, sweet, sweet pain relief in the form of morphine arrived.

The Good: I finally got out of hospital just over a week later, all scans and blood tests fine, to come home to a brand SHINY NEW WHEELCHAIR! Yup, my Quickie Helium had arrived - good timing, right? The move into the new bungalow happened a few weeks later, so even more great stuff!

Also, my re-trial was set for a later date, and this procedure went without incident and was 100% successful! The best way of describe the feeling over Baclofen is of a warm, floaty feeling and most chilled out I have ever been ever. If they could have put the pump in then there I would have been all "HELL YEAH!" I also slept like a log that night, which never happens unless I am absolutely knackered.

No comments:

Post a Comment