Thursday 23 June 2011

That old Adage

Lately it has been a case of waiting for one bus to arrive and then several arriving at once!  Where do I start...well a good place would be the baclofen pump.  Wondering what the heck was going on with my referal, I rang up the neurosurgeon's secretary to see where I was in the waiting list.  To cut a long story (and several phone calls) short, my referal got mysteriously lost in the post and the secretary had no idea who I was.

...riiiight.

More phone calls and a day later she rings me to say that I am now on the waiting list but it is unlikely I will get seen by September.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE FEBRUARY.

So today I rang my baclofen assessment unit and explained the situation to them and they thought it was pretty ridiculous.  While I was on the phone one of the baclofen therapy nurses told the person on the other end that they had something to discuss with me and could I come over as soon as a space was available?

Turns out that space is tomorrow, so here I am at my parents the night before wondering what it could possibly be about.

In addition to this I have had visits from Occupational Health, Social Services (which confirmed what I knew, my bathroom is deeply un-cripple friendly), and physiotherapy appointments, plus my wheelchair quotation finally arriving AND that I can get funding to go to the Calvert Trust...phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment